MEET THE TOP SCORER IN IELTS: HARD WORK PAYS OFF

With an excellent band score in IELTS, Sajina Gurung wants to go to the US for higher studies. Photo: LB Thapa

You may be the envy of her IELTS score. She has scored 8.5 in Listening, 7.5 in Reading, and 7.0 in Writing, and this makes her different in the crowd. 

Want to know what made her different? Her study secrets and tips to obtain an impressive score in IELTS… well stay tuned for more revelation in the following interview with Sajina Gurung.  

Sajina Gurung is a PCL Nursing student and also a registered nurse. She is a versatile girl who believes in hard work and perseverance. The other day this scribe caught up with her and had an inspiring conversation with Sajina Gurung. Excerpt.  

Your band score speaks volumes. Scoring a band score of 7.5 in IELTS is a remarkable feat of success. Isn't it?  

Ans: Actually I expected something around 8.0 or 8.5. I think I deserved that, but I’m a little bit disappointed with my score. The score is not up to my expectation. Anyway, this score is also not bad.  

How long did you prepare for the IELTS?

Ans: I had taken a full-length course of six weeks. After then, as per my IELTS teacher’s suggestion, I attended Daily Test for about 15 days. I booked the exam date when my teacher had shown enough faith in my preparation.  

Would you like to speak something about your preparation?

Ans: While studying IELTS, I realized that IELTS demands more general knowledge, writing skills, reading skills, and of course the art of spoken English. One should devote more time to strengthening his/her writing skill and accumulating more vocabulary. Reading newspapers, magazines and books will be added benefits. To enhance the strength of my word power, I read “WORDPOWER FOR IELTS”. This book is extremely important for the students who are preparing for the IELTS examination. This book contains all the necessary quality words and phrases necessary for IELTS.  

At the same time, SPEAKING FOR IELTS and ESSAYS FOR IELTS all these books made me more confident for the examination. I had purchased these books from Classical Stationery, beside Binayak shopping mall, Mahendrapool.  

There are many brilliant students who deserve better scores in IELTS, but they simply fall short of success. What do you think about the cause of this? 

Ans: This is really a very good question because the secret of success is actually camouflaged here. The most important thing that we need to understand is that the IELTS test has been designed in such a way that students must have more knowledge of present-day activities than the knowledge from their textbooks. Merely completing one after another Cambridge books does not ensure any guarantee of success. My strong suggestion is that the students preparing for IELTS must-read fiction, nonfiction, newspapers, and magazines. This is what all I did and the result is in front of you---it really works. The only thing is that you need to put your heart and soul together and the success will be yours.  

Where did you prepare for your IELTS test?

Ans: I did join Miracle Institute for the IELTS test preparation.  

How was your experience at that institute?

Ans: I have had a very unique and wonderful experience at Miracle Institute. Had I not joined Miracle Institute, I would not be able to obtain such an impressive score on the IELTS test for sure. 

Miracle Institute has developed all necessary infrastructures which are extremely important to benefit students’ mental horizons. The institute has full-time teachers and on top, all the students have to go through Daily Test, right after the completion of the course. This very system has really benefited the students, including me.         

After IELTS, what is next?

Ans: I have already decided to go to the US for my higher education. Being a registered nurse, I want to have more practical knowledge in the subject of my profession because my future lies in nursing.  

Do you have any interests other than studying?

Ans: Well, I’m an introverted type of person and do not believe in making many friends. I have quite a few quality friends and I’m happy with them. As far as my interest other than my college study is concerned, then it is definitely reading books. I really love reading a lot of books. Books are an inseparable part of my life.    

What is your future plan?

Ans: As I have already said before that I’m a registered nurse and nursing is my only profession. I want to possess a foreign degree or two before returning to my country. I want to put all my knowledge in the best possible manner to serve the needy people of my country. Actually, I want to make my life as simple as possible because I always believe in simplicity.  

In the end, do you have any parting words for the esteemed readers of read2bhappy.com?

Ans: First of all, I’m grateful to read2bhappy.com for featuring me in your esteemed blog. Because of your blog, I could share my views with its readers. I regularly read various newspapers, magazines, and books. I suggest all the students who are preparing for the IELTS for developing a regular reading habit. The truth is that regular reading does not only enhance our knowledge but also our personality. 

On obtaining 7.5 band score in IELTS, Sajina receives a gift from her teacher.  
LEGAL WARNING

All rights reserved. No articles and photos published in this blog can be reproduced without the prior written permission of the author. Legal action will be taken immediately if any articles or photos are reproduced without the author’s knowledge. However, articles or photos can only be reproduced by duly mentioning the author’s name and the blog's name (read2bhappy.blogspot.com). The author must be informed by sending an email. All articles and the photos published in this blog are the copyright property of LB THAPA.

Comments

  1. Congratulations baini and best wishes for future endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for your future sis ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KRITIKA GURUNG SCORES 8.0 IN THE IELTS EXAMINATION

RISING HIGH AGAINST THE GUSHING WATER

THIS IS MY JOURNEY: A GIRL WITH A WILL OF STEEL

REKH MAYA GURUNG WINS GOLD MEDAL IN THAILAND

DEALING WITH DEADLY SNAKES

Karate must be compulsory for every girl in schools and colleges

FROM SUICIDE ATTEMPT TO LIVING FOR A CAUSE

SAMIR THAPA: A life dedicated to football

MOTORBIKING WITH A PURPOSE

MANAUSEWA ASHRAM POKHARA: Helping the helpless