KRITIKA GURUNG SCORES 8.0 IN THE IELTS EXAMINATION

Kritika Gurung wants to study ‘Aeronautical engineering’. Her intense desire and deep attachment to the subject have made her even more confident not only to succeed but also to become an authority in days to come.

By LB THAPA

Hard work pays off is not merely a popular slogan but a reality. Because, with the dint of hard work and perseverance, Kritika Gurung has proved that hard work really pays off. She put her heart and soul together for the preparation of her IELTS test and eventually achieved a scintillating success. 

received
“When I saw the IELTS course for the first time then I was baffled. Because I had never studied such courses before. Honestly speaking, I was damn nervous but the next moment I decided to take up the challenge and face it with all my capacity”, said Kritika Gurung, an 18-year-old science student from Chhorepatan Higher Secondary School, Pokhara.
 

Kritika Gurung
Kritika Gurung is hell-bent to study ‘Aeronautical engineering’. Her intense desire and deep attachment with the subject have made her even more confident not only to succeed in the subject but also to become an authority in days to come. 

“This is a fact that I got into science ever since my childhood. But a turning point came in my life when I did join a science exhibition held at my school---then I was in 8th standard. For the first time, I saw so many science models and they were extremely effective and mindboggling indeed. I was enthralled looking at those wonderful scientific models. In the meantime, I became nervous because I had nothing to show to prove that I was also an avid science enthusiast. At that moment I took a vow that one day I would make my presence felt in the field of science”, added Kritika. 

Kritika has firmly decided to go for higher education and her destination is the US. “The subject ‘aeronautical engineering’ is a serious subject. And as far as the quality of the subject is concerned, I do not want to make any compromise whatever. This is the reason I want to pursue aeronautical engineering in the US”. 

Kritika Gurung
When asked what she will do after the completion of the course abroad. She said, “For some years I would like to work in the US because practical knowledge is more important than a college/university education. Working in a company as an aeronautical engineer will definitely provide me ample experience and that knowledge and experience later I could definitely put into use back in my country”. 

Kritika has scored 8.5 in READING, LISTENING, AND SPEAKING. However, she is not happy with her writing score as it was 6.5. 

“I would not mind if I had obtained 6.5 in other subjects, but the writing was my fort. I had expected somewhere 7.5 to 8.0 band score. But I got freaked out when I saw my writing score was only 6.5. Anyway, now I cannot do anything but still, I am absolutely certain that I deserve more marks in writing”. 

https://amzn.to/42mAg5W

The IELTS course is extremely scientific and therefore it is pragmatic as well. All four branches of the English language help students to enhance their knowledge and proper understanding of the English language as it is. Only a serious study can lead a student to obtain the desired band score. However, lazy students will only flounder without any success. 

“All subjects are equally important in the IELTS examination. But Reading needs special attention. Actually, Reading demands more time and hard work only then will a student succeed in obtaining the desired score. Many students don’t have a reading habit and therefore they are unable to comprehend the passages. My suggestion for them is that read regularly. Read newspapers, magazines, and books. And most importantly you must stockpile as much vocabulary as possible. Truth has it that strong vocabulary embellishes our English and makes spoken as well as written language qualitative”.  

Jubilant Kritika is seen in the photo with her parents and sister. 
Kritika Gurung receives a gift from her IELTS teacher. Photo: Shreya Gurung.

Kritika has scored 8.5 in Speaking. By no means is it easy to obtain such an impressive score on the IELTS Speaking test. When asked how did she manage to obtain an 8.5 in the Speaking? She said, “I used to practice with my teacher who would correct my English whenever necessary. Following my teacher’s suggestion, I took an interest in memorizing as many words as possible. I think I greatly benefited from the stock of my vocabulary. I used to speak a lot with my friends and sometimes even I would practice alone”. 

Kritika’s parting words for the IELTS students are loud and clear. She says to build up enough self-confidence to face any challenges of life. However, self-confidence is not possible without hard work. Thus, in reality, among others, hard work is a must because no success is ever possible without hard work. 

WANT TO REPRODUCE THIS ARTICLE?

All rights reserved. All the articles and photos published in this blog are the copyright property of this blog. I allow articles and photos to be reproduced only for information and educational purposes. For that, you must mention the author and the blog's name. Blog: read2bhappy.blogspot.com. I would appreciate it if you inform me by sending an email to writerlbthapa@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Congratulation Baini for scoring 8 on your IELTS and Best wishes for your future:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressive score, kritika. Well, done. Wish you all the best.

    Sima Gurung
    Pokhara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Kritika's interview. I got some ideas from your interview. I have got my exam next week.

    Shital Rana
    Dharan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Kritika. Good score.

    Sima Gautam
    Pokhara

    ReplyDelete
  5. You score in Speaking is wonderful. Amazing.

    Roshan Tamang
    Pokhara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked the article. Nicely written. Congratulations Kritika.

    Rudra Gurung
    Pokhara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much everyone ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for sir and everyone ❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your interview. I students should follow your advice. You have really scored a very impressive band score in the IELTS examination.

    Anish Bhattarai
    IELTS teachee
    Damauli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Kritika, your interview has become number one in the Google Ranking. You can check on laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Kritika for giving nice advice for us.

    Sabita Poudel
    Pokhara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! 8.5 in Speaking, amazing. Great Kritika.

    Sonali Chhantyal
    Dharan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RISING HIGH AGAINST THE GUSHING WATER

THIS IS MY JOURNEY: A GIRL WITH A WILL OF STEEL

REKH MAYA GURUNG WINS GOLD MEDAL IN THAILAND

Karate must be compulsory for every girl in schools and colleges

DEALING WITH DEADLY SNAKES

FROM SUICIDE ATTEMPT TO LIVING FOR A CAUSE

SAMIR THAPA: A life dedicated to football

MOTORBIKING WITH A PURPOSE

MANAUSEWA ASHRAM POKHARA: Helping the helpless