SHRISTY'S JOURNEY TO STARDOM

Shristy Senchury is a devoted artist who works very hard to lead a professional and artistic life. Photo: All photos provided by Shristy Senchury.

By LB THAPA

Shristy Senchury is a popular name in Pokhara. It was her hard work and perseverance that she overcame every hurdle successfully and reached a height that many aspiring artists merely craved. Her entry into the field of modeling and acting began with resounding success. Today there are only a few girls we can count on our fingertips who successfully made their way to the Nepali silver screen from Pokhara. Shristy is one proud name among a few. Her debut feature film Chhesko, where she played a lead role, will be released anytime soon. The movie is produced by AR Films Production, Kathmandu. Shristy's yet another feature film 'Crime' produced by SPJS Production, Pokhara, will also be released very soon.  

"Even as a primary school level student, I knew what my interest was and what I had to do in my life. In brief, I can say that I was well aware of my aim in life…and it was an art. I desperately wanted to become an artist. I began participating in all kinds of competitions which were held in schools and in my town. I won a few competitions but learned even more from failures in life" said Shristy with a flicker of a smile across her face. 

Shristy participated in Miss Global-2011 in which she won the titles like Miss Popular and Miss Beautiful. There were many promising and highly talented girls in the competition. Despite that, Shristy won two prestigious titles. This was really not a mean feat of success for an emerging artist like Shristy. After winning the two titles her confidence level elevated. At that time there was a fashion show which was organized in Butwal, where she walked on the ramp with tremendous confidence. Her performance was appreciated by the judges and audiences. Shristy was declared the 1st runner-up in that Designer's contest in Butwal which was held in 2012. 



"I do have an equal interest in modeling, acting, and designing. I am an artist because modeling and acting are my passions and I have already decided to take up acting and modeling as my career. I do not give much thought to success and failure, because they are part of life. For me, the important thing is dedication and commitment to my work. Despite all my efforts if I'm unsuccessful that means it was my fault. I immediately look for my faults so that next time I come up with better preparation. In brief, I can say that I always learn a lesson or two from the failure" opined Shristy. 

It was a challenging time for her when she was to organize Mr & Miss Tiara-2014. The producers of the program also asked her to choreograph the entire event. "The responsibility was frightening as I had no previous experience at all. However, I took the job as a token of respect showing my talent and ability. It was time to prove to them that they were not wrong by giving me the responsibility of organizing and choreography the event. Finally, my hard work paid off. The entire event was concluded with a scintillating success…and that was both a huge satisfaction and achievement for me as an artist" said Shristy. 

Shristy's next inning of career began with music videos and that also proved highly successful. Her debut music video 'Sabai le malai grihna gare…' from Unmad Album was released in 2014. "I played as a model in the series of music videos such as 'Oh hera…' (Deshna album), 'Aauchhau bhani aayenau', 'Timro chhati dukhda kheri' and so on. These were my early attempt in the realm of music videos, but to my great satisfaction these music videos fared well and my popularity further soared up" said Shristy. 

When asked about the possible career, scope, and future of an artist in Nepal, Shristy plunged into a serious mood and said "There is no doubt that the Nepali market is too small. On top, we have not reached to a state of professionalism. Even if you see how Kollywood is being operated then you will understand there is all mishmash. 








Due to a lack of technical expertise, technical know-how, and creative vision, today Nepali film industry is floundering like a rudderless boat. It is very sad to hear that many established artists of Nepali cinema have already quit Kollywood and immigrated abroad in search of a possible livelihood. Many former Miss Nepal has, after initial success, failed to carry on their career in the cinema or related fields and eventually ended up opening 'boutique shops'. This is the bitter truth of the Nepali film industry". 

Shristy believes in not making any plans for the future. She thinks that let life take you wherever it leads. Meanwhile, one should be always truthful and hardworking and be always positive in life. "I think problems begin when we start making plans. If our plans turn out as we have expected then everything is fine, but if it does not…then what? We plunge into the pit of sadness. This is the reason why I don't like to make plans for the future. I want to flow like water in a river" said Shristy rather philosophically. 

Nowadays we see all people of different professionals form unions and organizations so that they cannot be exploited. However, quite interestingly there are no such organizations of budding artists. As a result, struggling artists are vulnerable and become easy prey at the hands of those people who are dishonest and lecherous.

LB Thapa is the publisher and editor of The Hemingway Post, a literary magazine.
WANT TO REPRODUCE THIS ARTICLE?
All rights reserved. All the articles and photos published in this blog are the copyright property of this blog. I allow articles and photos to be reproduced only for information and educational purposes. For that, you must mention the author and the blog's name. Blog: read2bhappy.blogspot.com. I would appreciate it if you inform me by sending an email to writerlbthapa@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KRITIKA GURUNG SCORES 8.0 IN THE IELTS EXAMINATION

RISING HIGH AGAINST THE GUSHING WATER

THIS IS MY JOURNEY: A GIRL WITH A WILL OF STEEL

REKH MAYA GURUNG WINS GOLD MEDAL IN THAILAND

DEALING WITH DEADLY SNAKES

Karate must be compulsory for every girl in schools and colleges

FROM SUICIDE ATTEMPT TO LIVING FOR A CAUSE

SAMIR THAPA: A life dedicated to football

MOTORBIKING WITH A PURPOSE

MANAUSEWA ASHRAM POKHARA: Helping the helpless