MEET SAMIKSHA PRADHAN WHO HAS SCORED 103 IN TOEFL FROM POKHARA

Samiksha Pradhan receives a prize from his teacher for scoring impressive marks in the TOEFL examination. Photo: Idea Academy, Pokhara, Nepal. 

By LB THAPA

Samiksha Pradhan is a +2 student from St. Mary’s Higher Secondary School, Pokhara. With the intention of getting higher education, she had joined IDEA Academy to study TOEFL. Her happiness knew no bounds when she scored 103 in her final examination. By no means, scoring 103 is that easy to score in the TOEFL examination as only a few students succeed to cross the threshold of 100 marks. 

Another interesting note about her is that she does not have a Facebook account. In many respect, Samiksha is quite different from many girls of her age. Polite and soft-spoken Samiksha wants to study psychology in the future. Her love for reading is praiseworthy indeed. Her principle of gaining knowledge is quite simple. Utilize every available moment of time for creative activities in life. 

The other day this scribe spoke with Jubilant Samiksha who agreed to share her experience with read2bhappy. Excerpt. 

Samiksha Pradhan, a TOEFL student at the Idea Academy, Pokhara, Nepal. Photo: LB Thapa

How confident were you to obtain such an impressive score on the TOEFL exam?

While preparing for the TOEFL, I did not have any score in my mind. I focused on my study and simply I wanted to do my best. 

Most of the students choose IELTS over TOEFL, but you chose TOEFL. Any specific reason?

It is true that many students prefer IELTS…there is no doubt. My friends had also advised me to take up IELTS because IELTS is much easier than TOEFL. They may be right but it is my nature to take up a challenging task. In brief, I wanted to test my own mental ability. 

How was your study plan? Could you please reveal it?

At home, I was regularly practicing the lessons I was taught in the class. I never missed a single class at the institute. In our institute, a weekly test is regularly conducted on Sundays. On top of that, before a week of the TOEFL examination, our institute conducts a full mock test for the students. I must underline here that regular tests and the mock test did prove extremely useful for me. 

What would you like to suggest for the students who are preparing for the TOEFL examination?

TOEFL is a smart course. It demands hard work, dedication, and enough practice. Without these, one should not dream of scoring good marks in TOEFL. Hence, TOEFL demands more self-practice. 

There are four papers in TOEFL, which paper did you find more difficult?

I found speaking more difficult; hence, I took it very seriously. I would practice speaking a lot. Though I had done well in the exam, I was still much worried about Speaking. However, when the result was published I was so surprised because I had scored more marks in speaking than other subjects. 

With such an impressive score in TOEFL; now what is your plan for the future?

I will definitely go to study abroad but right now, I have not decided anything. Actually, I want to study psychology but I have not given a thought about this. 

From your friends I have come to know that you don’t have a Facebook account. You don’t like social media.

Yes, I don’t have a Facebook account…this is true. I don’t have time for such things. I don’t like to waste precious time browsing Facebook. For me reading a book is much better than wasting time on Facebook. The fact is that Facebook has stolen a great deal of time from teenagers. This is not good. At least I cannot afford to waste my time on such non-productive things. I have great respect for time and this is the reason why I have no Facebook account. 

You said you want to study psychology. Why do you want to study psychology when there are so many popular subjects available?

Actually, nobody has advised me to study psychology. I was inclined towards psychology ever since I was a small kid. I have already told my parents to study psychology and they have no objection to the choice I have made. 

Nowadays it has become more like a fashion to go to study abroad. Can’t Nepali students get a quality education in Nepal?

I think many people have raised this question before as well. It will be very good if the Nepali government creates an environment in the country where we can choose a course we like. But political instability, lack of job opportunities, and frequent bandas are the real culprits which have ripped our education system apart. 

You have definitely scored impressive marks in TOEFL. What about your friends?

In my batch, almost all of us have scored good marks. As far as I remember, every one of them has scored above 80. I must say that our group did extremely well in the exam. I give credit to our hard work and our teacher’s guidance.  

Would you like to speak a few words about read2bhappy?

I regularly read read2bhappy. There are so many articles published and many of them are highly useful for students. I was vastly benefited by the articles published in read2bhappy. I personally would like to recommend the students who are preparing for the TOEFL examination for reading some selected articles in read2bhappy.        

Thank you very much for reading this article. I hope you liked this article. I will be glad if you take a little time and make a comment about this article. Your comment is highly appreciated.

 

LB Thapa teaches IELTS, TOEFL & SAT. At present, he teaches at Miracle Institute, Pokhara, Nepal. 

LEGAL WARNING

All rights reserved. No articles and photos published in this blog can be reproduced without the prior written permission of the author. Legal action will be taken immediately if any articles or photos are reproduced without the author’s knowledge. However, articles or photos can only be reproduced by duly mentioning the author’s name and the blog's name (read2bhappy.blogspot.com). The author must be informed by sending an email. All articles and the photos published in this blog are the copyright property of LB THAPA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KRITIKA GURUNG SCORES 8.0 IN THE IELTS EXAMINATION

RISING HIGH AGAINST THE GUSHING WATER

THIS IS MY JOURNEY: A GIRL WITH A WILL OF STEEL

REKH MAYA GURUNG WINS GOLD MEDAL IN THAILAND

DEALING WITH DEADLY SNAKES

Karate must be compulsory for every girl in schools and colleges

FROM SUICIDE ATTEMPT TO LIVING FOR A CAUSE

SAMIR THAPA: A life dedicated to football

MOTORBIKING WITH A PURPOSE

MANAUSEWA ASHRAM POKHARA: Helping the helpless