EPITOME OF HARD WORK AND PERSEVERANCE

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5701517711237887690#editor/target=post;postID=7877865462151743854
Hum Ale is a financial expert and an investor. Photo: LB Thapa

We have heard many stories about the people who achieve phenomenal success in their lives from scratches. These people are amazing because they continue hard work even there is no sign of success. Such people are called by many names like crazy, nonsense and even stupid. These people are different from normal people because they are hell bent to get what they want.

Yes, today I am going to tell a story about a man who is now a successful entrepreneur and a literary figure of note. This man’s story is the testimony to the fact that a person can achieve what he/she dreams of even the person is from a very humble background.

I am talking about Hum Ale who is a chairperson of Miteri Saving & Co-operative Pvt. Ltd. Moreover, he is a popular name in the financial market in Pokhara as he has financed huge capitals to several popular projects.

He has obtained a Master’s degree with specialization in Finance from the Tribhuvan University. Thereafter he taught in some colleges but left teaching when he got opportunity to work with The Asia Foundation and South Asia Partnership-Nepal for social research and financial management, where he spent 9 years.

His introduction is not over yet. His interest in literature has put him in different league. His first poetry book ‘Moment’ was published in 1999. The book was an immediate success as it received overwhelming reviews from many literary figures at home and abroad. Rave reviews emboldened him to pen down yet another book of poetry.

However, a humble journey of his life belies his success and achievements at first sight. He was born into a very simple farmer’s family in Pullung village, Tanahun.

“We did not have sufficient land to grow enough crops that could feed us even for a few months. During my early childhood time, I experienced scarcity, hunger and hopelessness. Despite a difficult situation, I attended a primary school, which was about one hour away from my house. I do still remember how I would go to my school without slippers on my feet. My parents could not afford a pair of slippers for me and a pair of shoes was a luxury for me”, said Ale being little nostalgic.

In fact, many people refuse to fight against their hard times and give in to destiny. However, some people will go hard against the tide and put all their efforts to achieve what they want in their lives.

“I wanted to get good education and I wanted to be rich. Though my family lived in absolute poverty, I took a vow that one day I would make enough wealth so that my parents could get what they always wanted in their lives. At my early age, I did understand that without sound education I could never succeed in my life. Thus, I never missed a class no matter whether I was hungry or half fed but I was always regular to my classes”, said Ale firmly.

Primarily Hum Ale’s interest was in science but there was no science subject taught in his village. Therefore, he came to Damauli to continue his study. After passing SLC in distinction, he went to Kathmandu, joined Trichandra College, and completed his I.Sc.

Very soon, Ale realized that without constant financial support, it was not possible for him to study science, as he was not getting any financial help from home. In a situation like this, he dropped science and took up commerce instead. In fact, it was not a bad choice either.

While studying commerce in Kathmandu, Ale was doing several odd jobs, to meet his expenditures.

“During those hard times, I never slept more than four hours. I was doing more than four part-time jobs including home tuitions. My knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, English and commerce made me a successful tutor,” recalled Ale.

Due to his hard work and perseverance, Ale passed MBA exam with a flying color. “Getting an MBA degree in first division was a big achievement for me. By holding the degree in my hand, I realized that I can achieve what I have desired”.

A big turning point came in his life when he decided to go to the UK for higher education.

“Throughout the years I did very hard work and accumulated enough money for my higher education in the UK. My primary concern was to study Chartered Accountancy (CA) and for that, I applied to a college in the UK. With all necessary documents, I applied for a student visa and finally I was granted a visa. This was yet another milestone success for me…it was like dream come true in my life”.

Unfortunately, cold weather of London took a toll on his health. He encountered pneumonia and common cold. This was only the beginning as he did also develop migraine. Occasional feats of migraine had left him in the lurch. He had no choice but to leave London and return to Nepal for further treatment.

“I always feel very bad as I could not obtain a CA degree from the UK. It was an excellent opportunity for me to hold such a prestigious degree from the UK. Anyway, in a situation like that I preferred health to a degree. I wanted to get treatment of migraine in Nepal,” said Ale with a heavy heart.

Soon after arriving in Nepal from the UK, Ale got yet another opportunity to work with The Asia Foundation and South Asia Partnership-Nepal. Here Ale did hone his skill into financial management.

He worked with the organization for 9 years and learnt everything that was essential to run a financial institution successfully. In the course of time, he started his own financial institution. His first venture was to lay the foundation of Miteri Savings & Co-operative Private Limited in Pokhara. Today it is one of the most successful micro finance companies in Pokhara.

While he was working very hard to expand his financial empire, he was also writing poetry.

“I have always been a voracious reader. Ever since I was a high school student, I got into the habit of reading books. Reading is the only habit where I find peace of mind and bliss of life. While reading I began to feel an urge to write and then I began scribbling poetry”, said Ale.

He said that his primary purpose of writing poetry was limited within his friends and relatives but most of his foreign friends asked him to publish those poems as they found literary merit and aesthetic beauty in his poetry.

“Actually, I had never given a thought of publishing my poems; however, it was intense pressure from my foreign friends that eventually made me to publish my first book of poetry ‘The Moment’ in 1999. My first book ‘The Moment’ was well received by many readers at home and abroad. Scintillating success of the first book encouraged me to publish yet another book, A Journey Within”, said Ale.

In fact, Ale has had his early education in Nepali medium, but he took English Language so seriously that today he finds himself more comfortable to express his thoughts and feelings in English than Nepali. His knowledge of English language can be gauged by reading the poetry he has written.

In the foreword, Bob Williams, poet and professor writes, “There’s a little bit of Pablo Neruda in Hum Ale’s poetry as nature is both transfigured and elevated. Sometimes his poetry presents itself in the end to the reader in a heightened form of awareness as an epiphany, where we can find ourselves closer to the clouds, riding on a winter breeze, in a valley in a shepherd’s field, or striding on top of mountains”.

Christina Pelton, poet, writes in the praise of the book. “Hum Ale is the most humane and prominent young poet. In his new collection of poetry, he wrote extensively with beautiful words and deep emotions. Magnificent inspiring oeuvres, it came to me as a prestigious treat to the heart of readers. It is a delight to savor reading such a gem”.

There are fifty poems in the book, which reflect various facets of life and experiences the poet had in his life. Each poem deserves a careful read as they came out of the heart of the poet where he has written nothing but his own experiences of life that he is on his way through this world.

   Thank you very much for reading this article. I hope you liked this article. I will be glad if you take little time and make a comment about this article. Your comment is highly appreciated.
www.amazon.com/-/e/B00ISV3PFA
I'm with Hum Ale at a coffee shop in Pokhara, Nepal. Photo: PicLab
LEGAL WARNING

All rights reserved. No articles and photos published in this blog can be reproduced without the prior written permission of the author. Legal action will be taken immediately if any articles or photos are reproduced without the author’s knowledge. However, articles or photos can only be reproduced by duly mentioning the author’s name and the blog's name (read2bhappy.blogspot.com). The author must be informed by sending an email. All articles and the photos published in this blog are the copyright property of LB THAPA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KRITIKA GURUNG SCORES 8.0 IN THE IELTS EXAMINATION

RISING HIGH AGAINST THE GUSHING WATER

THIS IS MY JOURNEY: A GIRL WITH A WILL OF STEEL

REKH MAYA GURUNG WINS GOLD MEDAL IN THAILAND

DEALING WITH DEADLY SNAKES

Karate must be compulsory for every girl in schools and colleges

FROM SUICIDE ATTEMPT TO LIVING FOR A CAUSE

SAMIR THAPA: A life dedicated to football

MOTORBIKING WITH A PURPOSE

MANAUSEWA ASHRAM POKHARA: Helping the helpless