My self-confidence has made me the winner: Aasha Shrestha, Miss. Newa Pokhara 2015

Aasha Shrestha is being crowned with the title of Miss Newa Pokhara-2015 Photo: Aasha Shrestha. 

Aasha Shrestha has come to the limelight soon after she won the coveted title Miss Newa-2015, which was organized by the Newar community of Pokhara. A plus two science student of St. Mary's School, Aasha is laden with tons of talents and self-confidence. She was convinced of her self-confidence more than her talent. Aasha thinks that it was her self-confidence that played a decisive role to win the crown of Miss Newa-2015. 

At present Aasha is preparing for the MBBS entrance examination. It is also her dream to become a qualified doctor in the future. However, it does not mean that she will take art for granted. Meanwhile, at present Aasha has eyed Miss. Nepal title. She does not have an iota of doubt in her mind for not winning the Miss Nepal title. We must admire her resolution and self-confidence. 

The other day LB Thapa had an opportunity to talk with Aasha Shrestha, who spoke at length about her dream, career, and future plan. Excerpt.


How did you feel after winning the coveted title of Miss Newa-2015?

Ans: Oh, I was agog with excitement and I had a reason for so. Frankly speaking, my happiness knew no bounds when I won the title. I was honored and so were my parents. 

How confident were you about winning the title?

Ans: I was 99% certain of winning the title. This does not mean that I was more talented than the rest of the group. The reality was that there were many girls who were more talented than I was. However, one thing they did not have and I had that. It was self-confidence. Let me reveal this secret that it was due to my self-confidence that brought me success. I was confident in winning the little and eventually I won it. 

What was your first reaction when your name was pronounced as the title winner?

Ans: I was simply thrilled because it was for the first time in my life that I won a prestigious title. For a moment I was simply at a loss as to what to do, but soon I got over my emotions and faced the audience. It was a unique experience to see that the audience had gone berserk to catch a glimpse of me. Meanwhile, I could feel the crown perched on my head and that made me special in the crowd. 

Do you think that the Miss Newa competition has brought some perceptible changes in your life or personality?

Ans: Yes, it brought. Before I participated in the Miss Newa competition, I was a sort of miscreant in the family and friends. There were no words of solemnity and calmness in my dictionary. On top, I was a talkative girl. It was not my habit to take things with due seriousness. So, I was a very carefree type of girl. However, when I joined Miss Newa, it changed my personality and my attitude as well. We spent about six months in the preparation of Miss Newa. During that time I got an opportunity to learn many precious things about life. I am ashamed to admit that I could not speak even my own language before I joined Miss Newa. Moreover, I had very little knowledge about Newari culture and tradition. During six months, I learned so many things including the Newari language, culture, and tradition. Was that not enough change in me? 


It was your first participation in any major competition. Were you nervous at any moment during the competition?

Ans: I was least intimidated by the presence of other participants in the competition. Even at times, I enjoyed their company instead. Judges' questions did not perturb me at all. I replied to their questions in the best possible manner. In the end, I won the title because of my witty answers. However, I was a little scared as I stepped onto the stage and saw so many prying eyes. That was a new experience for me to stand in front of the audience. Otherwise, the rest of the experience was rather extraordinary. 

Winning the prestigious title of Miss Newa 2015 is, without doubt, a stepping stone in your career. Now, what is next?

Ans: I have always been a serious student as I always passed all my examinations in flying colors. Right now I have focused on the entrance examination of MBBS. After then I will think about what else is suitable to do in my life. 

Our society is still backward and a bit conservative. In a situation like this, how much support did you receive from your parents and family members?

Ans: I m very fortunate in the sense that I have got a great family and wonderful parents. Had my parents and family not supported me, I would not have participated in the competition and won the title. I am honest to tell you that after winning the title my parents were much happier than I was. I cannot fathom the depth of my parent's happiness. 

Now would you like to try your hand in music videos, video films, or accept any offer from Kollywood to play a lead role in feature cinema?

Ans: Well, I have not gone that far really. Let's see what opportunity I will get in the days to come. Now I cannot say anything, but I will weigh the opportunity and take suggestions from my parents before I step into the field of glamour.

LB Thapa is a Pokhara-based freelance writer and author. 

LEGAL WARNING

All rights reserved. No articles and photos published in this blog can be reproduced without the prior written permission of the author. Legal action will be taken immediately if any articles or photos are reproduced without the author’s knowledge. However, articles or photos can only be reproduced by duly mentioning the author’s name and the blog's name (read2bhappy.blogspot.com). The author must be informed by sending an email. All articles and the photos published in this blog are the copyright property of LB THAPA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KRITIKA GURUNG SCORES 8.0 IN THE IELTS EXAMINATION

RISING HIGH AGAINST THE GUSHING WATER

THIS IS MY JOURNEY: A GIRL WITH A WILL OF STEEL

REKH MAYA GURUNG WINS GOLD MEDAL IN THAILAND

DEALING WITH DEADLY SNAKES

Karate must be compulsory for every girl in schools and colleges

FROM SUICIDE ATTEMPT TO LIVING FOR A CAUSE

SAMIR THAPA: A life dedicated to football

MOTORBIKING WITH A PURPOSE

MANAUSEWA ASHRAM POKHARA: Helping the helpless