MOTORBIKING WITH A PURPOSE

Amrit Kunwar is not just an amateur bike reviewer. He has already completed a diploma from Madras (Chennai) Race Track. He is also a professional bike racer and therefore he holds necessary technical knowledge about motorbikes and their performance in different conditions.

Amrit Kunwar is one of the first full-time motorbikers who is committed to promoting local tourism through motorbiking.  

Amrit Kunwar’s passion is different and that very passion has made him special. He is a motor biker---I mean an unswerving biker. He has not taken up motorbiking as fun or just out of curiosity. He has made motorbiking a purpose in his life and now he lives for that.  
 
“The spirit of motorbiking runs all over my veins and therefore it cannot be alienated from me---I’m there where my motorbike is. I fell in love with motorbikes ever since I was in standard seven. I did not have a motorbike in those days at my home. Thus, I would look for every available opportunity to ride my friends' or relatives' motorbikes”, said Amrit Kunwar with a broad smile across his face.



As Amrit grew older, his interest in motorbiking also became even more intense. “My happiness knew no bounds when I got my first motorbike after passing my 10th standard. In those early days, I would ride my motorbike just for fun, but soon I realized that I was wasting my precious time. I could do much better with my motorbike and from that day, my life took a 180-degree turn”.
 
Amrit Kunwar is one of the very few motorbikes in the country who has devoted his life to the promotion of local tourism. Yes, you heard right. He does not ride motorbikes just for excursions or fun---he rides with a purpose and the purpose is to promote local tourism through motorbiking.
 
“Over the last 4 years, I have taken motorbiking seriously. Now my only effort is to promote those places in the country, which are full of tourism potential. Unlike other motorbikers, my every ride is predetermined. I collect enough information about the place before I embark on my journey. After that, I explored the place and let the world know through my YouTube channel. This way those who watch my YouTube channel will come to know about such places of great tourist values. I regularly receive several feedbacks from many local villagers, homestay owners, and village resorts that how the flow of domestic as well as foreign tourists increased after my little efforts”, said Amrit.




Amrit Kunwar’s YouTube channel AKR has become quite popular in a short period. On his channel, he not only makes new motorbike reviews but also popularizes local tourism across the country. Literarily speaking he is killing two birds with one stone. His in-depth review of new motorbikes helps people to choose the right kind of motorbike. In addition, his reviews of iconic places of remote areas, which are laden with umpteen tourism potentiality, draw the attention of many domestic as well as international tourists.
 
Amrit Kunwar is not just an amateur bike reviewer. He has already completed a diploma from Madras (Chennai) Race Track. He is also a professional bike racer and therefore he holds necessary technical knowledge about motorbikes and their performance in different conditions.




“My training from Madras Race Track has given me technical knowledge of riding and racing motorbikes of all kinds. Now I have adequate knowledge to do justice by making genuine reviews of different caliber motorbikes. However, primarily my main mission is to promote local tourism through motorbikes. For your kind information, to meet my expenditures, I run the AKR YouTube channel. On this channel, I give honest reviews of the latest brands of motorbikes. I am invited to take a test ride after that I make honest reviews. Rapidly increasing subscribers is the testimony to the fact that more and more people like my reviews”.
 
Now his YouTube channel is not only confined to reviewing different brands of motorbikes. He has been actively using his channel to promote local tourism.
 
“I have been more successful in promoting local tourism with my YouTube channel AKR. Without this channel I would not be able to achieve as much success as I have received”, said Amrit.  
 
He works with different hotels, restaurants, resorts, travel agencies, homestays, and so on and so forth. However, he also visits many remote villages of the country and makes impressive videos, which are loaded with much-needed information to attract domestic as well as foreign tourists.







“There are uncountable places in Nepal that can be promoted for local and international tourism. But unfortunately, our government does not have time to take such matters with due seriousness. They are rather busy playing dirty politics to remain in power. The government’s efforts to locate and promote such places in the country are almost negligible. In some places, local people have taken cudgels into their hands to promote their villages and homestays at the local level. I join in their efforts and work from my level to promote their cause”.


When asked if he grew nervous at any time and decided to quit what he had been doing. He said, “Motorbike reviewing and promoting local tourism through motorbike is a hard nut to crack---it is not everybody’s cup of tea for sure. There are many known and unknown problems associated with my work. The most important issue is finance. At a time when the price of petrol has shot through the roof, riding a bike for long-distance is extremely expensive. Moreover, due to the poor performance of the national economy, most of the time I set out for my mission without any sponsors. I have to use all expensive gears because I do not want to make any compromise with the quality of the film---it is really not easy”.
 
It is due to hard work and perseverance, now things are changing for good. Many popular motorbike dealers in the country have started inviting Amrit to review their newly arrived or launched motorbikes.





“Until recently bike reviewing was not a popular trend. I would knock on the doors of every bike dealer and hardly would any one of them agree to the review of their new motorbikes. But nowadays they have understood the importance of expert reviews. Regularly, I am invited by motorbike dealers in the country to make review videos of their new arrivals. I’m not limited to only reviews of a new motorbike, I do also inform them how to drive motorbikes for long-distance traveling. I also share my long-distance motorbike riding experience with them. This has proved extremely useful for those who take bike-riding seriously. In a nutshell, I would say that I am quite optimistic about the scope of this kind of possibility”.
 
Amrit has been determined to scale the length and breadth of the country on his motorbike. Until now, he has already traveled to several remote villages and shown their exotic beauty to the world. It was only due to his efforts many national and international tourists started visiting those places, which were otherwise left in oblivion.


“I’m time and again invited by the villages to promote their homestays and resorts. I do always accept such offers because tourism promotion is my only mission and I do it with all my sincere efforts”, admits Amrit.
 
Amrit’s only grudge is that even today many people prefer to watch cheap-rated videos on YouTube. People are more interested in others’ personal matters. They are glad to know how celebrities are passing their time.



“This is merely a waste of time. Watching such family matters of others on YouTube channels will help nothing to learn. This is not only a waste of time but such low-quality content will have negative impacts on their overall mental aptitudes and their way of thinking. If viewers start watching quality content then definitely low-quality content will disappear at once”, opined Amrit.
 
There are of course umpteen challenges to promoting local tourism through motorbikes. There is always the risk of riding motorbikes through rough terrain because in many places the condition of the road is not good. On top, financial insecurity is always there.
 
Keeping all these hurdles aside, Amrit has determined to become a professional YouTuber and a committed promoter of local tourism in the country through his motorbike. We wish him all the best in attaining his goal in the days to come. 
    
LB Thapa is a Pokhara-based freelance writer and author. 

LEGAL WARNING

All rights reserved. No articles and photos published in this blog can be reproduced without the prior written permission of the author. Legal action will be taken immediately if any articles or photos are reproduced without the author’s knowledge. However, articles or photos can only be reproduced by duly mentioning the author’s name and the blog's name (read2bhappy.blogspot.com). The author must be informed by sending an email. All articles and the photos published in this blog are the copyright property of LB THAPA.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KRITIKA GURUNG SCORES 8.0 IN THE IELTS EXAMINATION

RISING HIGH AGAINST THE GUSHING WATER

THIS IS MY JOURNEY: A GIRL WITH A WILL OF STEEL

REKH MAYA GURUNG WINS GOLD MEDAL IN THAILAND

Karate must be compulsory for every girl in schools and colleges

DEALING WITH DEADLY SNAKES

FROM SUICIDE ATTEMPT TO LIVING FOR A CAUSE

SAMIR THAPA: A life dedicated to football

MANAUSEWA ASHRAM POKHARA: Helping the helpless