HONEY TRAPPING: BE CAREFUL, YOU CAN BE THE NEXT VICTIM

Honey Trapping Gangs are active everywhere in the country. You are not safe anywhere. Don't forget, your one mistake can land you in the pool of troubles. Photo credit: deccanherald.com 

Be careful, there are many organized gangs in the country...they are notorious for honeytrapping

By LB THAPA

My name is Rajesh (name changed) on request. A week ago, I shut my mobile shop at 7.30 pm at Mahendrapool and I was heading to my house Birauta Chowk. I was about to follow a descent from Nagdhunga slope to the airport road. In the meantime, I saw one young girl clad in skintight jeans pant, asked for a lift. 

I was completely bewitched by her mesmerizing beauty. I asked her name and she said Rita. The next moment she was with me on the pillion seat of my bike. I could not believe that such a beautiful girl was with me on my motorcycle. When I asked where should I drop her off? Upon this, she said that she was confused as to what to do because her suitcase and the purse were stolen on the bus from Dharan to Pokhara. She wanted to board a guesthouse but she did not have any money. 

Three women honey trappers were arrested in Dang. Photo credit: khabarhub.com

To do a favor for her, I immediately suggested that she could stay at my house. First, she hesitated but I convinced her that she should not be afraid of anything as I was not a bad person at all. She was convinced and I took her to my house in Birauta, Pokhara. 

After spending some time at my home, she began speaking with me frankly, as if she knew me very well. In the evening, I brought half a kilo of goat meat, one bottle of wine, and one full-size bottle of whiskey. She took command of the kitchen and made a delicious meal. We had a nice dinner together. She started with wine and then shifted to whiskey. To my astonishment, she gulped half of my whiskey down her throat and then dragged me to the bed. 

At that moment, I was so gladdened that I gave thanks to god for making my night so colorful. The next day early morning she wanted to leave. I gave her Rs.5000 and said that whenever she happened to come to Pokhara she should give me a call---she agreed. 

Honey trapping gang busted in Jhapa. Photo credit: The Himalayan Times

She asked me to drop her at the Tourist Bus Park, Rastrabank Chowk. I agreed and dropped her at the Tourist Bus Park. It was Saturday and I didn’t have to open my Mobile Shop so directly I went to my home. 

No sooner had I reached my house than I received a phone call. The caller was a man. He spoke angrily and threatened me, “You rascal. What did you do to my sister yesterday night? She is mentally retarded and you took undue advantage of her condition. I will take you to the police very soon”. 

I had not expected anything like that would ever happen to me. Anyway, I too vented my anger by saying that I did not take any undue advantage and everything happened on mutual understanding. I did also accuse him of lying that she was mentally retarded.    

“You can go to the police and report against me. I am not scared. You can never prove to the police or to the court that I raped her”, said I and disconnected the line. 

After about two hours, I received the phone from the same person. He asked me to open the door and get the parcel. “You wanted evidence. Open the packet and see how much evidence you want. We have enough evidence to send you behind the bar. We will show your real face to the world and especially to your wife”. 

I opened the door and there was a packet at the door. When I opened it, there were many color photographs where I was in a compromising situation. There was a pen drive as well. When I played the pen drive, I could not believe my eyes. There was the whole video of that night. I felt as if I had fallen into the dark pit. 

What would happen if my wife came to know about this video! I shivered with extreme fear. I would commit suicide before my wife came to know all this---I thought. I was ready to compromise with them. Finally, there was a deal of ten lakhs. 

The payment was made in cash. All this happened one year ago. I did not go to the police and never lodged a report. But after a few months, out of guilt and shame, I confessed to my wife and asked her forgiveness. She forgave me and now I’m not afraid of them. Their weapon is blackmailing people through the honey trap. I was afraid because I wanted my wife not to know all this but now when I have told everything to my wife---I am not afraid of them. These people are still active and will always remain so. We need to be careful of these gangs.   

The only way to be safe from them is to improve your character and remain faithful to your wife. For young people, I would say that never get lured by any girl on Facebook or any other social media platforms. This could be a honey trap.  

This is not only the story of Rajesh (name changed). There are so many people like Rajesh in Pokhara and throughout the country who have been honey-trapped and become the victims of blackmail and extortion. Sometimes the victims contact the police and the culprits are arrested. But most of the time the victims decide to remain silent due to shame lest their family members come to know their secrets. 

Now I would like to mention similar kinds of cases where the victims had shown some courage and reported to the police. Otherwise, these cases would have never been known to the world today. 

HOW THREE WOMEN HONEY-TRAPPED A MAN IN DANG

The first incident I would like to mention here is from Dang. Here the police did arrest three women who honey-trapped a man and extorted millions of rupees from him. Later, revealed the identity of these three women as Sita Devi Thapa, 32, Khuma Oli, 35, and Susma Pariyar, 32. All these three women were from Dang. 

After getting into an illicit relationship for some time, these three women began blackmailing the man. Those women threatened the man with filing a rape case against him. First, the women took one lakh rupees cash and later Rs.17 lakh cheque. When the man realized that their greed for more money would never be satiated, he mustered enough courage and reported against the women in the police station. The police duly acted on his report and promptly started the investigation and arrested the women on the charges of honey trapping and extortion.       

HONEY TRAPPING INCIDENT IN KATHMANDU

If still your eyes are not fully open then here is yet another incident that took place in Kathmandu itself. Bhola Kunwar Jarka Magar, 41, was on his way from Kalanki. It was around 8.30pm when a young girl stopped Magar at Ratnapark. With all good intentions, Magar gave her lift to Chobhar where she wanted to get down. In the meantime, before reaching Chobhar she began speaking on phone by using code words. Before Magar could understand something, it was too late. Three men armed with sharp weapons surrounded Magar and took his golden chain, mobile phone, and his wallet. Based on Magar’s report, the police later nabbed Lal Bahadur Shrestha aka Sagar.     

HONEY TRAP GANG BUSTED

The other day the Central Investigation Bureau of Nepal Police (CIB-NP) busted a ‘Honey Trap Gang’. This gang was involved in blackmailing, kidnapping, and extortion types of activities in the country. This gang mostly used teenage girls to trap their prey.   

According to the Superintendent of Police Meera Chaudhary, they came to know about the gang after the arrest of Kol Bahadur Thapa Magar. He was from Ramechhap and Ashika Pariyar aka Saru KC from Dang. The duo was living in a rented room in Battisputali. Komananda Khadka of Dang and Nabin Kumar Rai of Bhojpur were the kingpins of the gang. They have been involved in honey-trapping activity for the last few years. 

In most cases, the gang would use a teenage girl who traps the victim in her love and takes the man to a lonely place for a date where the victim is kidnapped. The victim is released only after a ransom. 

FACEBOOK HONEY TRAPPERS ARRESTED IN JHAPA

In another case, the Jhapa police have arrested four persons who blackmailed a local businessperson. He was too honey-trapped. The four arrested were Meraj Khan, Ritu Fiyak Limbu, Prakash Das of Birtamod, and Sujan Shankar of Darjeeling, India. Birtamod Area Police Office had made these arrestees public. 

According to their modus operandi, Ritu Fiyak Limbu would contact her victim through Facebook and develop an intimate relationship. Soon, according to their plan, she would take the victim to the bed where secretly a video is made in a compromising situation. Thereafter, the victim’s pocket is squeezed the last coin out.    

LB Thapa is a Pokhara-based freelance writer and author. 

LEGAL WARNING

All rights reserved. No articles and photos published in this blog can be reproduced without the prior written permission of the author. Legal action will be taken immediately if any articles or photos are reproduced without the author’s knowledge. However, articles or photos can only be reproduced by duly mentioning the author’s name and the blog's name (read2bhappy.blogspot.com). The author must be informed by sending an email. All articles and the photos published in this blog are the copyright property of LB THAPA.

Comments

  1. Dear sir, you have just opened my eyes. I think i was about to fall prey to one girl on Facebook. Thank you very much for your article. You saved my life.

    Sorry I can't write my name.

    I cannot reveal my identity but once again thank you very much for your article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok. No need to reveal your identity. I am still happy because my real intention is to make my readers alert of the situation.
      Thank you very much for finding my article useful.

      Delete
  2. i think this is the best article for me. Thanks for writing such a nice article.
    Hemanta Adhikari
    Kathmandu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mr. Hemanta Adhikari. I agree with you this article is important for everyone. Prevention is better than cure. We should always keep this proverb in mind.

      Delete
  3. You have raised a very serious issue therefore this matter is very important. Nowadays there are many such cases of honey trap and the victims don't report police.

    I want to mention one case here as I don't want to write the name of the person. One person's daughter's sex video was available on mobile. This thing happened some years ago. That woman is now not living in Pokhara. She left Pokhara permanently. The person who had made the video asked huge money. When he did not get the money he wanted he shared their sex video on mobile. This case completely damaged her life and that man's life also.

    You have written a very good article and I want to many people should read this article.
    Nabin KC
    Pokhara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mr. Nabin KC. Yes, I know who is the lady. That incident unfortunately ruined her life. This is one of the known cases, but there are so many cases which have gone unnoticed and therefore I have written this article to make people alert. And not to fall prey to such pretty girls.

      Nowadays, many men, women and girls have made gangs and they operate systematically. Believe me they can very easily trap anyone.

      Anyway, Nabin ji, thank you very much for liking my article.

      Delete
  4. Very informative information. Be careful honey trappers guys.
    Hari Rokaya
    Damauli

    ReplyDelete
  5. This case already happened with my brother. My brother had given Rs.5o,000 to a girl. But I encouraged my brother to complain in police. Later, the police arrested two girls and three men in connection of honey trapping.
    Sorry, I don't want to disclose my name.
    Syangja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, matter is really very sensitive. Every one of us should be extremely careful of these people.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KRITIKA GURUNG SCORES 8.0 IN THE IELTS EXAMINATION

RISING HIGH AGAINST THE GUSHING WATER

THIS IS MY JOURNEY: A GIRL WITH A WILL OF STEEL

REKH MAYA GURUNG WINS GOLD MEDAL IN THAILAND

DEALING WITH DEADLY SNAKES

Karate must be compulsory for every girl in schools and colleges

FROM SUICIDE ATTEMPT TO LIVING FOR A CAUSE

SAMIR THAPA: A life dedicated to football

MOTORBIKING WITH A PURPOSE

MANAUSEWA ASHRAM POKHARA: Helping the helpless